Monday, June 24, 2013
Happy Monday
Ok...so. I will eventually get this blog set up right. But I have been busy with summer. Today, I have had a fairly good lesson. Amazing, right? Emily, our instructor, treated me like I was a human for once. I rode Legacy, one of the many horses at Bear Creek Stables in Austin, TX. Don't get me wrong, just because I live in Austin, does not mean I am a city person. I actually recently moved here from a very small town, Roscoe, TX. It is over in the west area of Texas. I lived there there majority of my time. I even have my own horse there
But, back to Legacy. I usually prefer mares over geldings, but this horse is a sweetheart. He did well, although he was a bit rough into the canter a few times. We jumped well, though, and I wish I could have a lesson like that every time. Emily may keep me from really seing my Olympic dreams very clearly, but I am the type to prove her wrong and make her sorry she ever held me back. Or insulted me. She is just horrible at times
We could make a single mistake and she says, "You guys know what a two point is not? It's that." She showcases someones mistakes to the whole group. Thankfully, me and my friend, who I ride with, are looking for a new stable. We have found a cool place who does Arabs and has good pricing. They even have a show team! Me and my friend are excited about that, because we are now moving up to higher jumps, and I have never shown. I could at least enter the walk-trot division, but we can't show until we have started on way more stuff. I am worried because if my first show was a bunch of 4 footers, wouldn't that be a bit out of the ordinary? I would rather get the feel of a show with a simple walk-trot, so that I at least know the atmosphere.
Thats all for now...see u next time, and I promise I WILL post the songs :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment